This past weekend Grandma and Grandpa came to visit us to help paint the nursery and just to enjoy some family time before our baby boy gets here! I wish we could say that we did more than just work and eat, but those are the facts.Grandpa and Dad got right to work, but soon found that they needed some additional supplies.

One thing I learned is that when a guy says "I'm just going to run to Lowe's real quick" that the equivalent is like me saying "I just want to run into Anthropologie real quick." Real quick can be a mighty long time...
Especially if you are going to travel this way...I literally could not stop laughing when I saw Rich in the scooter.
We finally got everything we needed and the guys got back to work. Grandpa seals the corners of the chair rail with some caulk.
Rich finishes the last coat of paint before the "big reveal."
You can't see it all here, but it looks wonderful. I will be sure and post pics of the finished product when we have more than just paint on the walls. 
We had a lot of fun. While Rich and Dad were painting, Mom and I got some "baby" chores done and then, of course, we ate. Only 13 weeks to go...and then I am going to eat all the brie and hot dogs I can find. I am NOT kidding!
2 comments:
I love the blue. Looks like you all had a blast! I can't wait to see the finished product.
We had lots of fun! I'm still trying to lose the extra pounds I put on from all the 'good' eating. I think we helped raise the price of the stock at Lowe's and Home Depot. We spent lots of hours and money at both stores. Joe and I still laugh at the sight of Rich riding the wheel chair through the aisles AND Priscilla was even funnier because she could not stop laughing at herself. Half embarrassed and half loving the ride.
Post a Comment