Monday, July 16, 2007

12 Week Visit

Rich and I just got back from my 12 wk appointment. Baby's heartbeat was loud and strong beating at 161 bpm. That's more than a level 6, grade 5 treadmill for 20 minutes will even do for me, but the doctor says that's healthy and it will fluctuate from visit to visit.

The doctor also said that I have been doing a really good job "building" the baby, but I must say it is the protein and calcium policing that Rich has been doing that has really helped. If it were up to me, I'd be eating jello and bagels with a trip to Arby's every once in a while. But even still, I have gained four pounds in my first trimester and the baby will just be putting on weight from here on out, his organs are basically built and functioning at this point.
Her/His second "photo shoot" revealed a very busy and active baby. He was moving his left hand around like he was waving and kept facing the camera. The doctor said "he's definitely not camera shy and he's putting on quite a show!" We hope to find out the sex of the baby at our next visit. Stay tuned...TAKE THE POLL TO CAST YOUR VOTE!!

4 comments:

Joe and Heather said...

Congrats on a great appointment and progress. I am so proud of you for eating healthy and obeying the long list of foods to avoid - it's so hard! Baby Thor is in our prayers everyday and I think she may be a girl. Just instinct mixed with the thought that no boy would make you feel so ill! Hope you will get over the morning sickness bug very soon:)

Heather

Joe and Heather said...

Oh, and Haley's HB was in the 160's at both 9 and 13 weeks.

Anonymous said...

Good progress report. Keep up the good healthy eating..Rich is doing a good job! Your Dad always made sure I ate all the right food...he fixed a healthy breakfast for me...healthy dinner...he was always feeding me. I guess that is why you weighted 9 lb, 8 oz...'you gotta eat for two'.

I don't want you to have a 'big' baby! I went over my weight limit..

Ok...this is only a guess because I don't have much to go on...I'm 'guessing' it's a BOY. Why not...I have 3 princesses and need a prince (or two) BUT if I get another princess (or two) I'll be happy too!

Grandpa-Grandma Pacheco said...

I am happy that you and the baby are doing well. I am especially proud of Rich's diligence to keep you off food that is not good for you or the baby. I remember what I went through with your mom... the midnite runs for her cravings and looking for stores that had what she wanted. But it was worth every moment. Based on Mary's 8 sisters, Eric/Vanessa's 2 girls, and Big Joe/Heather's 1 girl, I vote that for the first time in this generation of Tallmans the family will be blessed with their First Princess... a gift from heaven.