I see your true colors, shining through
I see your true colors, that's why I love you
So, don't be afraid
To let them show
True colors, true colors
are beautiful...
like a rainbow.
We sing this song to him every night. Sometimes it's me and sometimes it's "Daddy sing True Colors." And no matter how tired we are or what time of night he's awaken and is calling out for us...we are never to tired to sing it. Never.
I don't even know how we got started on singing it to him, but somehow it stuck. Ever more popular than "Twinkle, Twinkle" and "ABC" (which he subsequently requests) "True Colors" means so much to us. It reminds us that no matter what transpired that day or what the next day holds that he is unique and special and that his true colors are truly beautiful enough to let show on a regular basis.
I don't know when he'll outgrow hearing this and if he'll even remember us warbling it out to him night after night, but as long as he requests it, we'll keep singing it.
(This video was taken a while back on my phone so it's sideways, but still cute).
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment