"Clippity cloppin' o'er the mountain chain...soon they're gonna reach the top, clippity clop, clippity clop, clippity, clippity, clippity, clippity, clippity cloppin' along!!!"
If you haven't figured it out by now, I live my life in song and t.v. show/movie titles (I swear I was born for Broadway...or maybe just a lounge singer as some have said). These words are from a song called "Mule Train" from my childhood. My mom and dad loved Country and Western (capital "C" and capital "W")music...not the Tim McGraw's or Brad Paisley's of today's "Country" music, but the good stuff. Willie, Dolly, Johnny, Hank and Frankie Laine. Watching this video of my dad "Grandpa" and my son reminded me of this song. A favorite!! My dad used to play this on the loud speakers in the back yard (or in the house) and sing just as loud! I hope Joaquin will have just as many fun memories of his childhood as I have of mine ;)
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment